Wednesday, June 9, 2010

~ A Shawl Called Steve!!! ~





ok so the winter of 2009 was so cold here in Dublin that I needed something to go outside my coat like a wrap or a shawl but nothing I saw seemed warm enough. I scanned through Ravelry looking at the pattern browser with a cup of coffee and I found a pattern called the Highlander Stole by Wenlan Chia. I loved the big chunky cabling and thought hmmmmmmmmmmm now if I used really really chunky wool like Seriously Chunky by cygnet.




I used size 20 mm needles and 3 - 4 balls of wool and some loose cabling like that of the highlander stole and ta!!! da!!! a day later I had one warm stole :) The best thing about this wrap is that it can be worn all through the year with vests or long sleeve t-shirts whatever way you like :) It is also so versatile have a search around ravelry to see what others have done with this idea. It was so popular at xmas I had to make another 3 one for my sis, my mum and my nana. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment