Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Visit to the Constant Knitter

Although the constant knitter is mainly an online yarn shop, Rosemary does offer the chance to call up and visit her collection (often with some wonderful tea on offer too!!!!) so having nothing better to do on a rainy Saturday,I visited the constant knitter and I was surprised by how much stock rosemary has. I tried to do it justice in the following pics and  I also tried to curl up in a few of those containers alas im too big sob Not to mention those shiny, shiny stitch markers by “MweaG” which are just stunning!!!! well done you !!!! (I tried to do them justice)
image title
I was mostly surprised by the tweed and viscose mixtures looking so well together and how soft the tweed actually was, I’m used to scratchy tweed but this is beautiful.
image title
Another yarn set I managed to spy is the vivaldi mohair mix. Now I think Rosemary is holding out and keeping all the good stuff at the back but I managed to grab this while she was making me tea…….
image title
For those lace knitters among you I snapped these pics of the manos lace and kid silk bins and this is just a taste of the colours available. ( i also squeezed some drops dk weight in here too)
image titleimage title
I couldnt even try and mention the craftspun, alpaca and countless other yarns in the ceiling to floor display.
image title
image title
image title
Not to ramble on too much, I’m just going to post the rest of the pics I stole today, I hope they do it justice and at the end I just had to take a special pic of the dark purple nepal yarn because its just heavenly!!!!! Thanks for letting me visit for so long rosemary, I came away inspired!!!!!!!!! If your in the area I recommend seeing if you can call and visit!!!!!!!!!
image title
image title
image title
image title

No comments:

Post a Comment