Friday, January 6, 2012

Cowl #2 - Noni

Well as I said January was going to be a busy month over here and without delay can I introduce you to Noni:


Noni was designed for my sister Fiona who happens to be called Noni in our house and I thought it fitting to name the cowl after her. One of the great things about this cowl is that it is just so versatile. I love garments that you put time in to making that you can wear just about anywhere. Throw them in your bag and they are ready to go. Noni can be worn as a cowl (long or short), a snood, a wrap to the side or front and with the beaded inserted ties can be pulled into a top like this:

In fact there are so many ways I will post a few photos at the end of this blog post. One of the other amazing things about this cowl is that it is incredibly soft. Yip this is no ordinary cowl, she is made from 1 skein of Malabrigo Rios and one skein of Debbie Bliss Party Angel so it really is like wrapping yourself in pure luxury. The other great thing is that both yarns have many colorways that you could make this unique to you.

One other point I would like to discuss in this post is shawl pins. Now I know that many of you will laugh at this but I have just found these magnetic nova steel pins that are in This is Knit (please don't laugh I really didn't realise they were magnetic) Just look how pretty this leaf design is:

and best of all no holes in your knitting, FANTASTIC! Ok now I am going to bombard you with pictures of my cowl. It is currently being uploaded to Ravelry as we speak.





Aint she a beaut!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! The Rios colourway comes up lovely in stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I really like this one

    ReplyDelete