Thursday, October 28, 2010

~ Knitting and Stitching Show 2010 RDS ~

First of all apologies for my blog being, well basically dead for the last 6 weeks a lot of things have happened so I never got a chance to post. Secondly, I am posting  about this years Knitting and Stitching show in the RDS, to give you guys a sample of the amazing things on display/for sale at this years exhibit. I was lucky enough to get to the RDS early this morning to grab one of the first glimpses of the exhibition. There are so many stalls to choose from but I will stick to my own personal favorites.


First of all it was lovely to see This IS Knit at K13 (if any of ye are looking for them). Their stand is easy to spot even from the gallery as this gorgeous dress above is on display, along with a scribble stole and some gorgeous Louisa Harding garments, personally the Louisa Harding shrug (long sleeve) in ribbon was my favorite. 


Also the gorgeous Laura Hogan is upstairs in the gallery, drop in and say hi, she has some gorgeous yarns for sale and a citron  on display for squishing. From up on the gallery one of my favorite designers could be spotted. The lovely Heather Finn had some gorgeous inspiring pieces, my favorite was this delightful petitcoat knitted dress, her stand is definitely worth a look.












For those of you who  are looking for a bargain the black sheep are back in their normal spot at R1, with some rowan and other yarns on sale per kilo. If your looking for something a bit different then I recommend taking a look at Knitting For Fun and Oliver Twists. Knitting for Fun have an amazing display of wool that has been dyed the most beautiful, eye-catching shades and Oliver Twists have some spun silk which is impossible to pass just take a look:








If you are looking for Stephanie of The Yarn Room, she is hidden by this pillar of fish but she has some gorgeous rainbow yarn for sale and some very nice knitting kits. Do pay her a visit she is lovely to talk to and very good at advising what to knit with the yarn on display.



I won’t blather on for much longer but I will post the rest of the pictures from today so you guys can take a look at the gorgeous things on display. There are some amazing bead shops including Dublin’s Beads and Bling and Yellow Brick Road and there are some amazing crafts on display I’m just partial to the knitting sections. Oh and keep an eye on the guys with the cameras, they were a bit snap happy earlier today. I hope you get to make it, at least for a browse, I managed to grab a few skeins of tasty yarn from TIK and Knitting for Fun but if you really want a yarn stash ask claire42 for advice she is amazing at devising a game plan for the show, I was so impressed. !!





No comments:

Post a Comment